1st Vice President:
2nd Vice President:
Welcome and thanks for visiting the Glandorf Lions Club web page. We would like to briefly describe ourselves and a little about Lionism and the "We Serve!" community service motto.
Lions clubs are neither religious, political nor organized for business purposes. The clubs exist so that members may pool their skills, talents and resources for the betterment of the community. Click the following link to visit the Lions International Web Site.
The Glandorf Lions Club was chartered in 1979. Since that time our members have raised and distributed hundreds of thousands of dollars in charitable grants to non-profit service agencies and local community projects. The Glandorf Lions:
- Provide support for the community by operating the park concession stand, providing assistance at the Calvary Manor picnic and Men's Society Father and Son Breakfast, picking up trash for the Adopt-a-Highway program and much more.
- Sponsor fund-raisers (including Chicken BBQs and bus excursions) in order to donate to many different eye-related serive agencies and numerous community needs. These include, to name just a few, lights for the park, Post-Prom, Special Olympics and muscle therapy for a needy child.
Regular meetings are at 7:30 pm on the 2nd Monday of the month at the Glandorf City Building. Visitors are always welcome at these open meetings which consist of brief business reports, an occasional featured speaker, raffles, and spirited camaraderie. Casual attire is the rule. Annual dues are only $40.00. We welcome new members - please consider joining this 44-member club.
Winners of the Glandorf Lions 300 Club
$100 - Rose Ellerbrock
$50 – Lee Recker
$50 - Brent Steffes
$100 – Bob Brickner
$50 – Jeff Martz
$50 – Dan Ellerbrock
$100 – Jeron Kahle
$50 – Cy Vorst
$50 – Team Glandorf – Paul Kleman
$125 Kelly Meyer 74
$75 Evan Ellerbrock 52
$50 Jamie Trombley 270
$125 Haley Troyer 183
$75 Northwest Grain Co. 209
$50 Ashley Schumacher 101
$125 Eddie Duling 147
$75 Scott Gable 226
$50 Jerry Recker 175
Lions International Objectives
- TO CREATE and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world.
- TO PROMOTE the principles of good government and good citizenship.
- TO TAKE an active interest in the civic, cultural, social and moral welfare of the community.
- TO UNITE the clubs in the bonds of friendship, good fellowship and mutual understanding.
- TO PROVIDE a forum for the open discussion of all matters of public interest; provided, however, that partisan politics and sectarian religion shall not be debated by club members.
- TO ENCOURAGE service-minded men to serve their community without personal financial reward, and to encourage efficiency and promote high ethical standards in commerce, industry, professions, public works and private endeavors.
The Lions Code of Ethics
- TO SHOW my faith in the worthiness of my vocation by industrious application to the end that I may merit a reputation for quality of service.
- TO SEEK success and to demand all fair remuneration or profit as my just due, but to accept no profit or success at the price of my own self-respect lost because of unfair advantage taken or because of questionable acts on my part.
- TO REMEMBER that in building up my business it is not necessary to tear down another's; to be loyal to my clients or customers and true to myself.
- WHENEVER a doubt arises as to the right or ethics of my position or action towards my fellow men, to resolve such doubt against myself.
- TO HOLD friendship as an end and not a means. To hold that true friendship exists not on account of the service performed by one to another, but that true friendship demands nothing but accepts service in the spirit in which it is given.
- ALWAYS bear in mind my obligaitons as a citizen to my nation, my state and my community, and to give them my unswerving loyalty in word, act and deed. To give them freely of my time, labor and means.
- TO AID my fellow by giving my sympathy to those in distress, my aid to the weak, and my substance to the needy.
- TO BE CAREFUL with my criticism and liberal with my praise; to build up and not destroy.